When I woke up this morning lying in bed, I was asking myself, “What are some of the secrets of success in life?”
I looked around, and found the answers right there in my very room.
The roof said, “Aim high”
The window said, “See the world”
The fan said “Be cool”
The clock said, “Every minute is precious”
The mirror said, “Reflect before you act”
The calendar said, “Be up-to-date”
The door said, “Push hard for your goals”
But most importantly,
The carpet said, “Kneel down and pray”
1. My hands are small; please don’t expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball.
2. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
3. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely; don’t restrict me unnecessarily.
4. Housework will always be there. I’m only little for such a short time — please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
5. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs; don’t nag me all day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness). Treat me as you would like to be treated.
6. I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
7. I need your encouragement and praise, but not your criticism, to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
8. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I’ll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
9. Please don’t do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me with my brother or my sister.
10. Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids.
11. Please take me to church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.
"When I get to heaven, I shall see three wonders there:
The first wonder will be to see many there whom I did not expect to see;
the second wonder will be to miss many people whom I did expect to see;
the third and greatest wonder of all will be to find myself there."
A man was lost while driving through the countryside. As he tried to reach for the map, he accidentally drove off the road into a ditch. Though he wasn't injured, his car was stuck deep in the mud. So the man walked to a nearby farm to ask for help.
"Warwick can get you out of that ditch," said the farmer, pointing to an old mule standing in a field.
The man looked at the decrepit old mule and looked at the farmer who just stood there repeating, "Yep, old Warwick can do the job."
The man figured he had nothing to lose. The two men and the mule made their way back to the ditch. The farmer hitched the mule to the car. With a snap of the reins, he shouted, "Pull, Fred! Pull, Jack! Pull, Ted! Pull, Warwick!"
And the mule pulled that car right out of the ditch.
The man was amazed. He thanked the farmer, patted the mule, and asked, "Why did you call out all of those names before you called Warwick?"
The farmer grinned and said, "Old Warwick is just about blind. As long as he believes he's part of a team, he doesn't mind pulling."
Keep your words positive, because your words become your actions.
Keep your actions positive, because your actions become your habits.
Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your lifestyle.
Keep your lifestyle positive, because your lifestyle becomes your destiny.